If you are interested in joining our team of wonderful volunteers we would love to hear from you. An application form and some general information are available for viewing and/or downloading via the link entitled “Volunteer Application”. This is an awesome opportunity to give back and pass on a good deed to others.
- At least one year of continuous sobriety
- The ability to put in a day’s work with various types of activities
- The ability to work alone and also as a team member
- The willingness to share your talents and to learn new tasks
- While volunteering at The Wilson House we ask that you keep in mind the tenets of the AA program to put “principles before personalities”. It is in the best interest of the house that we all work as a team. If you are unable or unwilling to work with others or take direction from an experienced volunteer then maybe this is not for you. The goal of volunteering at The Wilson House is to provide a spiritual stress free experience for all those at the house e.g. guests, visitors, volunteers, and staff. Please give this some thought and consideration before applying. Thank you.
The Wilson House has an ongoing need for volunteers, especially in the areas of general housekeeping, dining room and, during winter months, snow shoveling and other cold weather-related tasks! You need brushing up on any of these skills, The Wilson House is the place!
If you can give two weeks that would be terrific. If you can only give one week – that would be good too or if you just have a long weekend we may be able to fit you into the schedule. Please note the dates you would be available to work on your application. If you are taking a week or two assignment, they are Sunday to Sunday.
In short, fill out an application and we will do our best to fit you into our schedule.
There is no better experience in personal and spiritual growth than to give to others. You will enjoy a comfortable room, great food, and the fellowship of other program people. It doesn’t get better.Download Application
Mail completed application to the Wilson House:
The Wilson House
ATTN: Volunteer Coordinator
P.O. Box 46
East Dorset, VT 05253